Thursday, March 8, 2018

Drake's Florence



Drake’s Florence – Saturday, March 3rd 

My birthday! The evening started out at a friend’s house. They fixed me dinner (bless their hearts) consisting of steaks, fried potatoes, and a vegetable medley, plus a few mixed drinks. We had MMA on in the background. I was prepared for a relaxing evening, but the topic of dancing came up amongst the ladies in the room, mainly about how they hadn’t been out for a while, and we ultimately decided to go to Drake’s in Florence, KY, on Houston Road.

Drake’s is another one of those strip mall bar and restaurants. I don’t say that as a negative, it just doesn’t look fancy from the outside. Apparently, they have multiple locations regionally, throughout Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, and Alabama. The most interesting thing about the place is that they serve typical bar food, like burgers and sandwiches, but they also offer a fairly extensive selection of fresh sushi. I didn’t get to try anything this time, but I would go back. I would definitely like to try the Elderflower Mule if I return.

We arrived around 10, and things were slow, so we sat and talked over drinks for a while (I selected the Taft’s Cherrywood Amber again). We were beginning to wonder if we picked the right place, but around 11, a DJ finally got things going. He played a lot of the typical pop-rap songs, like Drop it Like It’s Hot and Back That Azz Up. A lot of people were on and off the dance floor. We had a good time! Props to my man for picking us up when we were ready to go home.

No comments: