Tuesday, February 27, 2018

A Fun, Relaxing, and Productive Weekend



This is just a quick update to say I had a nice 4-day weekend this past weekend! I had taken Friday off because the new couch I purchased from Morris/Ashley Furniture was to arrive, and I still needed to use up some carryover paid time off. My couch showed up right on time at the beginning of my delivery window, and I like it so far! It’s one of those chaise styles with microfiber upholstery. The quality isn’t the greatest in the world, but I was going for inexpensive, so I would say it’s a good deal for the price. It feels comfortable at least, and I definitely love the color. I’ll just have to see how it holds up over time. I have included a picture of it featuring my hipster animal pillows (I’m going through a nerdy animal phase).


I think I’m going to use that coffee table you can kind of see in the picture as my TV Stand. I don’t currently have one, and I think having both of those pieces of furniture would leave things more cramped in the apartment than I would prefer. I also hung up some art this weekend, so maybe I’ll post a few more pictures once I have everything set up and cleared of the moving clutter. You’d think I would by now considering I technically moved in on January 2nd, but it has been a slow process. Just going through my mountain of clothing has taken weeks, but I’m finally nearly done with that.

Prior to the weekend, my sister had texted to let me know my brother-in-law’s shop had a high chance of flooding (over the weekend). They have been allowing me to store some of my things in the attic space of the shop, but some of the bins were still downstairs at flood level. My boyfriend and I headed there with my brother-in-law Saturday morning and knocked it out in an hour. I have too much stuff.

It’s fortunate that we were able to make it there because it did end up flooding and some of the streets we use to get there are currently blocked due to water. I wish I would have taken some pictures, but it wasn’t really significant enough to record anything as of that morning. Now it looks like people need boats in a few spots!

I plan to add additional posts shortly with reviews about Terry’s Turf Club, Bad Tom Brewery, and Latitudes Bar & Bistro, all of which I visited this past weekend for the first time.


No comments: