Monday, March 5, 2018

Recaps: Bad Tom Smith Brewery and Latitudes Bar & Bistro



It’s been a busy week and a half of trying new places and having fun! I’d love to review everything individually, but I didn’t really get a whole lot of pictures, so I’m not sure it’s worth it. For now, I’m just going to do a recap of the ones from last weekend.

Bad Tom’s Brewery (Friday, February 23rd): This brewery opened up in 2013, and recently expanded with a second location near Cleveland. As I mentioned in my last post, my boyfriend and I learned about Bad Tom’s through our bartender at Terry’s Turf Club. Terry’s offers a couple of Bad Tom’s beers on draft, and when we expressed interest in their selection, the bartender let us know they were just a block away.

We walked into a small brewery with only a few other guests, but a happy, lazy dog behind the main counter. The server there was very friendly and answered our questions about some of their selections, which included something for everyone, like Porter, IPA, and Pale Ale, etc. I ended up choosing their flagship beer on recommendation from a fellow guest, the Bad Tom Smith American Brown Ale, and it was good. I also bought myself a customary pint glass. I would go again, but next time, I’ll have to inquire about the story behind the brewery, featuring the outlaw, Bad Tom Smith. And get some pictures, of course.

Latitudes Bar & Bistro (Saturday, February 24th): I found another “Girl’s Night Out” Meetup group and attended my first meet up with them on this Saturday. This new group is geared toward ladies on my side of town, so that’s a nice bonus.

Latitudes is located in the strip mall of one of my local Kroger grocery stores, so I was surprised by how busy it was, especially considering the hideous weather we had that prior week and throughout that weekend. To be honest, I wasn’t particularly feeling like going out that night, and pretty much had to force myself to do so. I’m glad I convinced myself in the end, though, as I met a lot of really awesome people, and had fun dancing to a local band called, Candygram!

I can’t attest to their food, which seems to feature Mediterranean inspired faire, but they were able to make me something close to my favorite drink (basically a dark and stormy – Spiced Rum and Ginger Beer plus lime), so I was happy. My only real complaint would be how slow the service was, but I try not to judge things like that the first time I go somewhere. I have been a server in the past so I’m always willing to give a second chance.

No comments: