Thursday, December 8, 2011

Finnish Independence Day and Angry Birds

You have got to love a lady that doesn't take herself so seriously that she cannot poke fun at fashion. I guess some people believe Teija Vesterbacka, wife of Chief Marketing Officer of Rovio of Angry Birds fame, should have worn something more traditional and classy to the Finnish Presidential Palace in honor of of their Independence Day. I believe, however, that people often take things way too seriously, and having fun with fashion is a great way to to help them get over it. Here is the dress if you haven't seen it:


Still classy, just........fun. I will never understand why so many people insist on feeling as though everyone must share the same fashion sense as them anyway. I find that it makes life more interesting that we have people who dress differently, whether for personal or cultural reasons. I like that when I venture out into the world, I might see a teenage boy dressed in emo or steampunk faire or woman dressed in her own at do it yourself creations. It's not about whether or not I like the fashion personally; it's about how dull the world would be if we all dressed as someone else thinks we should. There is no right or wrong in fashion. Well, there might be some wrong, because this is pretty bad:



But you get the idea. ;)

No comments: